Jill Bolte Taylor's Stroke of Insight

Loading...

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fence


Even in dreams you will not let me come
Though time seeks to forget our fears
And nightmares gallop through our sleep;
I could save you if you wanted salvation
Even so
You will not let me come to you

I found you as one finds adventure
Wanting--wild as a horse--to be broken in
I sang you songs without words
I wrote you poetry in blood
I prayed to the gods of love and war
And still you would not let me run to you

You could say I should have known
You could say I was crazy for crossing
Too many fences
But my thoughts, far from being still
Are winging their way over these high walls
Coming stubborn and willful to you
Though I know you will not let them


KB 9/11/12

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the irony...

    This one, you can feel. Hurts so good.

    Winging "stubborn and willful." That is just...

    Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete